What are some small traditions we can lean on right now to create more joy and meaning for our families? We’re talking LITTLE. Preferably free. Not exhausting. Super fun. Lifetime of memories created.
Our listener Lee inspired this topic in our Facebook group:
What about an episode about fun or special traditions for the rest of the year? When I was growing up, the “birthday person” always got breakfast in bed. I’ve brought the tradition to my own family as an adult, and it’s such a fun and special way to start the day. I’ve been trying to build more traditions for my young family (my kids are 3 and 6), especially during the pandemic, since we haven’t seen our extended family much, and a lot of our other markers are missing.
In this episode we discuss some of our (and our listeners’) favorite family traditions.
A few Rules of Traditions we discovered while recording this episode:
This moment we’re all in is tough. It’s also a crucible where family traditions might be formed. Even thinking about tradition-making has lifted our spirits– the idea that we can find “little fun” that might somehow become what will be remembered of this year we’ve all spent mostly at home.
* Leave us a rating or review in your favorite podcast app!
* Join us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/whatfreshhellcast
* Instagram: https://instagram.com/whatfreshhellcast
* YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/WhatFreshHellPodcast
* Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/whatfreshhellcast
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/WFHpodcast
* questions and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices