There are benefits to our kids making mistakes, even when it’s hard. Maybe especially when it’s hard. Some kids have tons of flexibility and safety around trying new things, around failing. Others not so much.
In this episode we discuss:
Here are links to writing on the topic that we discuss in this episode:
Claudia Wallis for Mind/Shift: Why Mistakes Matter in Creating A Path For Learning
Dr. Janet Metcalfe, Columbia University: “Learning from Errors,”
Carol S. Dweck for TED: "The Power of Yet"
Carol S. Dweck: Mindset
Melissa Taylor for Brightly: What Is a ‘Just Right’ Book? Reading Levels Explained
Dr. Jason Moser for Frontiers In Human Neuroscience: On the relationship between anxiety and error monitoring: a meta-analysis and conceptual framework
Sesame Street: Mary Had a Little Lamb
* Leave us a rating or review in your favorite podcast app!
* Join us on Facebook: https://facebook.com/whatfreshhellcast
* Instagram: https://instagram.com/whatfreshhellcast
* YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/WhatFreshHellPodcast
* Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/whatfreshhellcast
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/WFHpodcast
* questions and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices